Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I am Rosie!

That's right, Rosie the Riveter here. I really feel great! You know how some days it feels like you've gotten absolutely nothing done? You're house is a mess, you haven't showered, you've watched more TV than there are hours in a day, but learned nothing, and not only have your kids eaten chips all day, but they're somehow covered in chocolate as well.

Yesterday was NOT one of those days! (Today isn't so bad either)
We've been in California for about 3 months now and I finally feel comfortable showing off my apartment. This is how we started: And this is how we finish! Ok, not finished. I still have lots to do, but SO much better! Oh, and how do I accumulate piles of stuff when I've only been here 3 months? Whatever. PS: Can you find the baby? She's in both the messy and the clean house. So, we've got (from the top left, read it like a book) the living room, the kitchen, the dining corner, the craft corner (they're the same "room" just opposite corners), then our room, and Maggie's room.
And here's a corner of Maggie's room. One of the places that still need work. Sigh. Oh well.So yesterday was a fantastic day. I will only brag a little. I started by exercising for 45 mins (Thanks again Brian and Ruth for the Kinect!) Showered myself, then bathed Maggie. Planted some lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers in big pots, and parsley, basil and little zinnias in tiny pots. I'm starting a little porch garden. Maggie and I walked to Target to get some apples, where I found a bunch of stuff on clearance. I love clearance! We got home and read books and sang songs, then I did the dishes, swept and mopped the kitchen and vaccumed the rest of the house. By the time Brandon got home from work, we were reading more books. Maggie really likes to read and sing. She would have me talking with her all day if she could. Oh wait! We do.When Brandon got home we went to the park to "slide to the gwound" and "swing wif Mommy." She finally likes to play at a park! Which is nice since we live down the street from a great park.

We watched the Scarlet Pimpernel for FHE and talked about what we need to do to get into a different apartment. There are some in our ward boundaries that are $400 a month cheaper than we're paying now. We snacked on this deliciousness for dessert (no bake cheesecake and strawberries) and had an all around fantastic night.Today we (Maggie and I) got to go to the quilting club in our ward. It was fun to get to know more people and get super awesome free fabric.

Anyway, it has been great. So I am going to try and keep up this motivation and find more things and ways to make my life more accomplished. One of those things will be to get all the pictures together from Neil and Karen's wedding. It's a work in progress, as is the rest of my life. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Move to our street! I'm glad I found your blog, cute girl :)
    Our's is kandsosborne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete